Jane’s Planet, owner of www.janes-planet.com, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
The content of this privacy statement
In Our Privacy statement you read:
• What type of personal data we process and why we do this.
• When and how we can share personal information with other organisations.
• What choices you can make
What personal data we collect.
If you register for one of our services, you can give us the following:
• Your personal information, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and travel preference.
If you visit one of our websites, we can process the following information:
• Your travel preference.
• Information about your activities on our website
When you participate in actions, competitions, surveys, questionnaires about our services. Or if we contact you. But even if you contact us, we can store the following information:
• Personal data that you leave when you mail us, send a letter, call or contact us via social media. Think of data such as your name, user name, phone number and (mail) address.
• Data from emails and other digital communications that we send you and which you open, such as the links you click on.
• Your answers and participation in customer surveys and questionnaires.
Personal data from other sources
• We may also use personal data from other sources, such as specialised companies that provide information, from our partners or from public registers.
• Your insurance company, their intermediaries and medical personnel can exchange relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us if we have to act on your behalf, for example in an emergency or in the interest of Other travellers.
• If you log in via social networks such as Facebook or Insta to access our website, you consent to share your user information with us. These include your name, email address, date of birth, location and basically any information you voluntarily share with us.
Personal details of your travel companions
• We use personal data from others who have been supplied by you, for example from the people who are on your booking because you go on holiday together with them. Or because you book a holiday on their behalf while you may not participate in that holiday.
• If you provide the personal data of others, you must be sure that they agree and that you may provide this information. Also make sure, if applicable, that they understand how we can use their personal information.
The use of your personal data
We never sell your personal information to third parties. What do we use your personal data for? We would like to explain that to you below.
- To be able to deliver the products and services you ask us in the right way
We need your personal information to manage your booking, to provide you with the products and services you want to take and to help you with the credits you ask for.
- To improve and manage our products, services and operations
With the personal data that you leave, we improve our products so that we can provide you with the best possible experience on our websites and other services.
At Jane’s Planet we want you to always use our services safely. That is why we monitor their use. We do this to protect your personal data and to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of our services.
- For safety or health reasons
We may use personal information in security operations, accidents or similar incidents and for medical and insurance purposes.
- To get in touch with you
We want to serve you as a traveller as well as possible, so if you contact us, we can use your personal information to clarify matters or to help you better.
- When you participate in an action or contest, we use your personal information to let you know, for example, that you have won a prize. This also applies to actions and competitions that we organise together with other parties.
It may happen that we want to ask you to join our customer surveys (think of surveys). Then we will contact you.
- Marketing Communication
Every now and then we can send you relevant travel information or news about our services (e.g. by e-mail).
If you book a holiday with us or subscribe to our newsletter, you can receive messages from us from that moment onwards. You can adjust this setting at any time with the ‘ uitschrijven’-link in our marketing mails or by emailing us.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter, you can still receive service messages from us, such as confirmation of your booking and important information about the use of our products or services.
Your opinion is important to us. This way we find out how we can improve our products and services. Therefore, we occasionally contact you for a survey. You always decide yourself whether you want to participate in our market research.
Sharing of personal data with suppliers and partners
In order to deliver the requested products or services, we will share your personal information with the suppliers of your travel arrangements. We only share the minimum personal data with our suppliers and partners. This means that they will only have access to the data needed to provide you with their services.
Jane’s Planet does not sell your data to third parties and will only disclose it if necessary to carry out our agreement with you or to comply with any legal obligation.
Protecting your personal information
We know how important the protection and management of your personal data are. Therefore, we take appropriate security measures to protect your data from accidental loss and against unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
It is a precondition that we transfer and/or store your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and that this information is processed by organisations outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. We have also taken appropriate measures to protect your personal data and to process it in accordance with this statement. These protective measures include contractual clauses, such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and appropriate security measures.
We will keep your information as long as necessary for the purposes we have in this privacy statement and for compliance with laws and regulations. We then erase your personal information. If we still want to use data for analytical, historical or other business purposes, we will make your data anonymous.
About cookies and similar technologies
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to websites that are managed by other organisations with their own privacy statements. Please ensure that you read through the terms and the privacy statement before you enter personal information on another organisation’s website; We accept no responsibility or liability for the websites of other organisations.
Social media features
Legal basis for processing personal data
We only process your personal information in the following situations:
- Consent: The person concerned has given consents for the processing of his personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Agreement: The processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement in which the Party concerned is involved, or to take measures at the request of the person concerned before the conclusion of an agreement.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that rests on the treatment responsible.
- Vital importance: The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the person concerned or of another individual.
- Public law: processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a task of general interest or of a task within the framework of the exercise of the public authority entrusted to the processor responsible.
- Legitimate interest: processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of the controller or of a third party, except where the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the persons concerned To protect personal data are more important than those interests, especially when the person concerned is a child.
Example: Mission of the Traveller
If you give us a command, you consent to us-by agreeing to this privacy statement-to process your personal data.
• It is necessary in connection with an agreement that we have with you, or to take steps on your request before we enter into an agreement with you;
Example: to deliver the products and services you ask for
We need your personal information in order to book your trip and thus all services and products. We also need your data to be able to make payments.
• We must comply with a legal obligation;
Example: In an emergency
Your insurance company, its intermediaries and medical personnel may exchange relevant personal data and certain categories of personal data with us if we have to act on your behalf, for example in an emergency or in the interests of other Customers.
• It is in the public interest whether we have an official authorization for a task in the context of exercising public authority;
Example: Security Operations
We may use personal information in security operations, accidents or similar incidents, for medical and insurance purposes.
• It is in the legitimate interests of us or of third parties and these interests outweigh your interests or rights.
View, modify, or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any consent to the data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by Jane’s Planet and you have the right to data transfer. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we have with you in a computer file to you or another organisation you mentioned. You may send a request for inspection, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com. To ensure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and civic Service (BSN) black. This to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but within four weeks, at your request. Jane’s Planet also wishes to point out that you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with the national Supervisor, the authority personal data. This can be through the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How we protect personal information
Jane’s Planet takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unsolicited disclosure and unauthorised alteration. If you have the idea that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: February 2019